St. Peter's Church Coverack
 

St. Peter's Church Regular Weekly Services:

0800
Holy Communion 2nd, & 4th Sunday

0930
1st and 3rd Sunday of each month
- Holy Communion

2nd Sunday of each month - Morning Worship

4th Sunday of each month - Family Worship



The Vicar is The Revd. Peter Sharpe,
assisted by the Revd Deirdre MacKrill, as Associate Priest.


For more information please follow the link here.

 St Peter's Hall Booking Form
  Download Page 1   Download Page 2

 Or you can complete the form Online

Do you want to be baptized on the beach ? 

History of  St. Peter's Church
In the early 1880s Mr. William Trevenen of Helston gave half an acre of land to St. Keverne parish for the purposes of building a church and burial ground. Reverend Sutton and his parishioners took five years to raise money to start the building. The initial cost was £500.

The new church and burial ground were consecrated and dedicated at a service on Thursday 20th August 1885 and the church hall was built some years later in 1911.
The church is unusual due to its beautiful pulpit, font and lectern, which are all made from serpentine from the former serpentine factory a few miles down the coast at Poltesco, near Cadgwith. The building itself is of red brick and granite in the early English style.

There are stained glass windows in the east and west, the latter depicting St. Peter with the crossed keys and St. Keverne holding his staff. The organ was moved from its first position near the vestry to its present position at the back of the Church in 1967. It was restored in memory of George Stafford Hart, organist for many years. The reredos and stained glass on the south wall were given by the Barker family, who have been associated with the church for many years.

The church is normally open during daylight hours so please come and enjoy the peace of this little church. Visitors will always receive a warm welcome at services at St. Peter's.